Frederick’s 4th features activities for children of all ages throughout Baker Park.
Baker Park near Carillon Tower | Times Listed Below
- 1:30 & 4:30 PM
- Candy Cannon presented by BGE HOMEGet yourself and your bags ready for the debut of the Summers Farm Candy Cannon presented by BGE HOME! The cannon will fire twice 50 lbs of candy (that’s 2,000 individual pieces) on Frederick’s 4th filling the air with free candy for the taking.
- 12:30 to 6:00 pm
- Amusements will be providing tons of inflatable amusements sure to keep the smile on a young child’s face. They’ll never want to leave after sliding, twirling, and climbing on air. ($) Click here for a full list of rides and tickets
- D&D Pony Rides (FREE)
- 12:30 to 6:00 PM
- Summers Farm Petting Zoo will bring their furry friends to the Fourth of July festivities with a wide array of animals for you to pet. After meeting your new farm friends, jump on their giant rocking chair for a great photo opportunity. (FREE)
- 2:00 to 4:00 pm – DIY Peanut Butter & Jelly Tent courtesy of Jubilee Foods
FLEMING AVENUE AREA
Edward P. Thomas Jr. Municipal Pool | 12:30 PM to 8:00 PM
Take a refreshing dip at the Edward P. Thomas Jr. Municipal Pool, Fleming Avenue during Frederick’s 4th and shake off that July heat. Costs remain $3 for children 12 and under, handicap, and senior citizens who are city residents, $4 for non-city residents. Adult price is $5 for city residents, $6 for non-city residents.
CULLER LAKE AREA
Corner of W. College Terrace and W. Second Street| Times Listed Below
- 12:30 to 5:00 pm
- 930 WFMD Free Talk Charging Tent sponsored by TCC Wireless of Frederick. Cool off and mingle with WFMD’s radio personalities and take a turn in the Double E Entertainment Photobooth to benefit Christmas Cash for Kids thanks to Magic Mountain Chimney Sweeps
- Dunkin’ Donuts Mobile Unit will be on site with refreshing samples and coupons
- WFMD 4th of July Veteran Appreciation sponsored by Platoon 22 – First 50 Veterans to check in to the WFMD Tent will get tickets to Rally in the Valley. Military ID required
- 12:30 to Dusk – Stop by for a look and casual stroll around the newly renovated Culler Lake area of Baker Park during Frederick’s 4th.
Second Street, just past Culler Lake | Noon to 5:00 PM
Stop by the Hobbytown USA race track to sample a variety of remote control cars.