Returning to Culler Lake once again in 2014 – The KEY103 Great Frederick Bath Tub Races. Stop by to see 16 teams racing from north to south on the lake in 1 vs. 1 match ups.
General Race Information
This annual event will take place on Culler Lake in Baker Park. The event will feature a maximum 16 teams racing from north to south on the lake in 1 vs. 1 match ups. The races are scheduled to run from 12:30 to 4:10, one race every 10 minutes. Winning teams advance to the next round of races.
Prizes will be awarded in the following areas at the close of the event:
- Great Frederick Bathtub Culler Lake Cup Champions - $1,000 courtesy of Celebrate Frederick and Dynamic Automotive
- Runners Up – $400 courtesy of Celebrate Frederick and Dynamic Automotive
- Best in Show (Most Creative) – $200 cash and four Total Car Care Gift Certificates courtesy of SRE and Clearview Car Care
- Golden Plunger (First to Sink) – $100 cash and $50 Adventure Park Gift Certificate courtesy of Dynamic Automotive and Adventure Park
Bathtub Race Registration Fee – $20 per craft
Registration fees can be submitted with your application via Cash or Check (Payable to Celebrate Frederick)
Application & Deadlines -
The application deadline for the Great Frederick Bathtub Race has been extended. All applications must be received by Friday, June 20 at 4:00 pm. Your completed application and registration fee are required for race consideration:
- Mail – Office of Special Events, 121 N. Bentz Street, Frederick, MD 21701, ATTN: Great Frederick Bathtub Race
- Fax – ATTN: Great Frederick Bathtub Race @ 301-600-2849
- Email – Jen Martin at email@example.com
All applications submitted will be reviewed and acceptance determined by the Frederick’s 4th Bathtub Race Sub-Committee. If approved, you will receive an email or phone confirmation. A formal confirmation package (event map, parking and booth permits) will be mailed to you closer to the event.
Looking for a Tub?
Buying a Tub
The retail locations below offer tubs at a range of prices. Be sure to ask if they have any scratch and dent tubs which you might be able to purchase at a reduced price:
- Home Depot
- Thomas Sommerville
- Nolan Company
Practically Free or Free Tubs
Freecycle, Craigslist and Habitat for Humanity ReStore have daily changing inventory, so check often.
And finally, do not forget plumbing contractors or kitchen & bath remodeling companies – they have to put the old tubs someplace right?
Good luck and be sure to share if you have found a great resource for tubs!