We have compiled answers to commonly asked questions surrounding In The Street.
Scroll down the page or click on a topic below for more information. If you do not find the answer you were looking for here, feel free to contact Celebrate Frederick at 301-600-2844.
|Alcohol & Food
|Lost & Found
Many of the items below are based on City of Frederick Charter and Code Ordinances. For the ones which relate to ours events click here.
Alcohol & Food
Our Craft Beverage Experience and Up the Creek Party are for those wishing to enjoy an alcoholic beverage in conjunction with the In the Street Festical. Alcohol is not permitted at In The Street except when consumed in a pub or restaurant or in one of the following areas:
- Craft Beverage Experience
- Noon – 5 PM (Carroll Creek Urban Park, South Side, Entrance at Suspension Bridge)
- $5 Admission
- Admission for 21 years of age or older with valid I.D. to drink, under 21 admitted with parent or guardian
- Up the Creek Party
- 5 – 9 PM (Carroll Creek Amphitheater)
- $5 Admission (Included in your Craft Beverage Experience Admission if attended earlier in the day)
- Admission for 21 years of age or older ONLY with valid I.D. to drink
For more information on the Craft Beverage Experience for the event click here
Food is permitted to be brought into the event. However, don’t forget … our many downtown restaurants and food vendors offer a variety of culinary delights from hamburgers to pit beef to snow cones and funnel cakes. For more information on our vendors for the event click here
First Aid Services can be found at the following locations along Market Street:
- Carroll Creek (Next to LaPaz)
- Public Safety Block – Between 5th & 6th Streets
The Frederick County Fire and Rescue Service will provide bike medics during the day to assist those in need. Both the information booths and all volunteers will have phone numbers in order to contact emergency personnel.
Enjoy all the sites and sounds of Frederick all In the Streets weekend and stay local. Celebrate Frederick highly recommends our local hotels owned and operated by Plamondon Hospitality Partners.
Information booths can be found at the following locations along Market Street from 11:00 am to 4:30 pm:
- Art Block – Between Market and W. Church Streets
- Going Green Block – Between Market and E. Fourth Streets
Volunteers at these booths will have access to emergency personnel and sign language interpretation if needed.
A city ordinance (Section 10-2 City Code) finds the throwing cigarette butts on the ground as a Municipal Infraction. Violators will face a fine of $50 and possibly be charged with the cost of clean-up.
Lost & Found
Both information booths serve as lost and found collection sites.
Found items not claimed will be taken to The City of Frederick Office of Special Events, William Talley Recreation Center, 121 North Bentz St, 301-600-2844.
All items will be kept for thirty days.
If your child is lost, please report immediately to one of the Event Information Booths. Committee members and volunteers will have access to emergency personnel throughout the event.
The City of Frederick has five convenient parking decks downtown. These decks all offer parking in close proximity to the event and cost just $10 from 9 AM to 5 PM (Carroll Creek Deck is $10 from 9 AM to 9 PM) to park all day on In the Street Saturday. Find more information on deck locations here
All participants must be approved by the In The Street Committee and receive a license from The City of Frederick Office of Special Events. If you are interested in being involved, please call The City of Frederick Office of Special Events to be placed on the invitation list for next year. Code Enforcement representatives will be on-site to verify that all participants display the licenses distributed by the Office of Special Events. For more information of participating at a future In the Street click here
A city ordinance prohibits pets at in the street, which includes reptiles. Large crowds and loud noises are not healthy for pets, so please leave them at home. Code Enforcement will be on hand to enforce this ordinance.
The activities and entertainment will stop during the storm, but are scheduled to resume once the storm passes. Please use common sense when seeking shelter from the storm: don’t stand under trees.
Please report any suspicious or inappropriate activity to one of the information booths or any event day volunteer. All will have access to promptly contact law enforcement and emergency personnel throughout the park. If you experience a life-threatening emergency, please dial 911.
If driving directly to Downtown Frederick, please be advised of the following street closures:
- Market Street from South Street to 7th Street
- Closures between Maxwell Alley and Market Street for E. Church Street, E. 2nd Street, E. 3rd Street, E. 4th Street, E. 5th Street and E. 6th Street
- Closures between Market Street and Court Street for W. Church Street, W. 2nd Street and W. 3rd Street
- Closures between Klineharts Alley and Market Street for W. 4th Street, W. 5th Street, W. 6th Street and Lord Nickens Street
- E. and W. Patrick Street will remain open to traffic all day but will be handled at the intersection with Market Street by police
- E. and W. 7th Street and E. and W. All Saints Street will remain open to traffic.
*Note – There will be rolling street closures from 7th Street to 10th Street between approximately 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM to accommodate the Market Street Mile.