Cook in the Chili Cook-Off
The In the Street Committee is proud to welcome the WFMD Weis Markets Chili Cook-off on Saturday, September 14.
2013 Event Information
The inaugural In The Street Chili Cook-Off will be held in the ReStore parking lot located at 622 N. Market Street in downtown Frederick. The cook-off is open to the public from 1 – 5 PM for tasting and people’s choice judging. Prizes will be awarded for First, Second and Third in Formal Judging and First in People’s Choice.
A panel of five judges representing local chefs will judge entries on flavoring, texture, consistency, spice blend, aroma and color.
Your vote counts too – Cast your People’s Choice vote and be a part of the Chili Cook-Off tradition!
|7 – 9 AM||Cooker Arrival and Set Up|
|9 AM||Cooking Begins|
|11 AM||In The Street Opens|
|1 PM||Chili Cook-Off Opens for Public Tasting|
|3 PM||Official Judging Begins|
|3:15 PM||Ticket Sales End|
|3:30 PM||People’s Choice Voting Ends|
|4 PM||People’s Choice and Official Cook-Off Winners Announced and Prizes Awarded|
|5 PM||Chili Cook-Off Closes|
In The Street Registration Fee – $10 per entry
(Cash or Check Payable to Celebrate Frederick)
Frederick County Health Department Fee – $25 per entry
(To be filed with the Health Department by the cooker after application for competition is approved)
- 1st Place – $500 Weis Gift Cart
- 2nd Place – 4 days and 3 nights of accommodations at the Sands Ocean Club Resort including 2 adult Ripley’s Combo passes, 2 adult Family Kingdom Amusement Park passes (available seasonally) and 2 adult Family Kingdom Water Park passes (available seasonally)
- 3rd Place – $100 Restaurant Gift Card
- People’s Choice Winner – 4 days and 3 nights of accommodations at the Sands Ocean Club Resort including 2 adult Ripley’s Combo passes, 2 adult Family Kingdom Amusement Park passes (available seasonally) and 2 adult Family Kingdom Water Park passes (available seasonally)
2013 Application Deadline and Submission
Click here to download a 2013 In The Street Chili Cook-Off application form!
All applications and registration fees must be received by the Office of Special Events no later than 4 PM on Friday, August 23, 2013. Your completed application and registration fee secure your space in the competition.
Applications can be submitted via:
- Mail – Office of Special Events, 121 N. Bentz Street, Frederick, MD 21701, ATTN: Chili Cook-Off
- Fax – ATTN: Chili Cook-Off @ 301-600-2849
- Email – Jen Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications submitted will be reviewed and acceptance determined by the In The Street Chili Cook-Off Sub-Committee. If approved, you will receive an email or phone confirmation. A formal confirmation package (event map, parking and booth permits) will be mailed to you closer to the event.